Thread: Proposal: Phx - Col
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Again, I don't see a deal here - that's my argument. I think a third team would probably have to be brought in to make something work.

I likewise think Statsny is better than Gagner or Paajarvi. But I think those two combined are worth more than Statsny right now. And Maloney turned that down. So we know that in June, Yandle's value was more than Gagner + Paajarvi.

In the Carter trade, while a lifetime contract for Carter at the time was seen as sort of detrimental, it was also fairly affordable, if he could get back to the season prior's level of production. He also had a lot of playoff experience. In contrast, I would say that Statsny's current pay rate is well above his performance in both this, and last season's production, so I'm less inclined to think a return to form is going to be at the right price. And he has 1/3 of the playoff experience that Carter did at the time.

What about something for Yandle without Statsny?

Yandle + Phx 1st (~#18) for Col 1st (#?) + something else?
I think Stastny is worth more than the two combined. I don't think PRV has very much value at all. I'd guess a 2nd round pick. And in June, Gagner had played 5 full NHL seasons without hitting 50 points. So that rejected trade offer tells us very little.

And absolutely not on your proposed trade.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote