Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Claim Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
He isn't good enough to play for a team at the bottom of the standings. His best days are behind him. You are not happy about it, yet, you like it?

As Bluenote just pointed out, all of those teams passed on him. I don't see him as an improvement, no. Not at this stage in his career. Eminger has been adequate. I think we will still need to trade for a depth defenseman whether Staal is out or not.
I am not sold on this move, I want to say that first.

But, there isn't many teams in this league with a big fat whole on the PP point, cept us.

I've seen Hamerlik all his career, and he was like promising for 14 years and then leveled of his last 6. He never really had that smarts nor had that 6th sense that the typical good looking 38 y/o have, but on the other hand we do not need something extra vagancic, we just need someone who can get by on the point.

The Caps had pp personel, the worst teams in the league don't need a stop gap and so forth. I think we could have done better than this. Maybe. But hopefully he can at least help. On one hand it takes time for a D to settle in but on the other hand these type of Ds like Hamerlik can only play in a top 4 role on a good team and there can be a world of difference for them to play in such role compared to a smaller role for a lesser team. Sometime you get magic.

The biggest problem I have in the end is that it is kind of half arsed. Like we need offense but Hamerlik has never been a offensive wiz. I would have liked it more if we like brought Rafalski or Zubov out of retirement almost.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote