Thread: Line Combos: If you were Trotz..
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
If a team is good at clogging up the neutral zone and standing up at the blue line often teams have no choice but to dump it in. To call it a turnover shows a lack of understanding. It's a strategy and a proven effective strategy. But just like any strategy if it's not executed right it's not going to work.

Those who have experience playing hockey can attest to it. I've played D pretty much my whole hockey career and I can't even explain how annoying it is when a team dumps the puck and a forward is on your back the whole way in. Even if you get to the puck first your back is turned to the play and it's very hard to make a good decision.
Dont get me wrong I am by no means saying the dump and chase cant be used. In fact when Wilson and Horny played on the same line they did it quite effectively. We just do it about every offensive zone entry now it seems and never win the puck battles, so yes, it essentially is a turnover when our team does it. Also we have no forcheck to pressure the D anyways, so it is a moot decision with the puck for us right now.

EDIT: I have played hockey for years as well, no need for a lesson on dumping a puck.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote