View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Primakov!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I would have kept Hickey over Drewiske, but Dean has a real Stanley cup ring and I just have a replica.

I don't think Drewiske brings anything long term for the Kings.
Long-term, probably not.

Though I think you have to give him some credit for playing well when they threw him on the ice. For example, on the penalty kill he was blocking shots and clearing pucks very effectively.

Towards the end there before he got benched, he was starting to get enough confidence to try taking some aggressive shots on net from the between the circles rather than the patented Scuderi Halfboard Dump-ins. Though to an extent I think he became a victim of some overconfidence in his own play in the offensive zone and exceeded his skill set.

If my memory isn't failing me he started taking chances where he'd skate in too deep or have his shots blocked, which led to him being out of position defensively. Defensively irresponsible plays are just going to get Sutter's goat so when Drewiske gets his next chance he's probably going to want to go back to keeping it simple.

Like how that old hockey saying goes: "A crusher who becomes a rusher soon becomes an usher."

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote