View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Weiss could definitely be the stopgap for Bjugstad and Shore to become our #1 and #2 Centers.

I'd hope Tallon can talk Weiss into a 2yr - $9 million deal and just bascially say:

Give me two more years of your career, if we don't push for the playoffs in 2013-14 or 2014-15 then you still have 6-7 years to chase the Cup somewhere else. These prospects will take this team to a new level and I want you to mentor them and be here while we make the playoffs and become a contender in two years time.

I think Weiss knows Tallon wants a winner here and his resume backs that up.

Chicago was a laughing stock for a while before the Cup win, Florida has been too. Look at Chicago now and look what Tallon has done with Florida in just two years with the playoffs and loaded prospect pool.

Weiss knows this team is stacked with young talent and to bring some playoff success here would only raise his value down the road if he was to be traded. I would cringe everytime if I saw Weiss in a Maple Leafs jersey or any other that doesn't have a Panther on the front with #9 on the back.

I was on the fence to trade him but with this injury news coming around, I'd try and keep him in South Florida for at least another couple years. His last four years is enough of a reason why.
The thing is I don't think DT wants him back, or at least not for the price Weiss probably believes he is worth.
From his interview today he said he would come back to the Panthers if they wanted him back.

I also don't see his numbers increasing right away after a second major wrist surgery.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote