View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 07:02 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
This is an interesting idea I think... Everyone talks about Iggy going to the Penguins (rightfully so, I would love to see this happen), but I think Heatley would be a pretty good fit too. This is a guy that is only a few years removed from being one of the NHL's best snipers (50, 41, 39 and 39 goals from 2005-2006 to 2009-2010) and he isn't terrible now, 50 goals combined in his past two seasons, on pace for 31 goals this season.

It's a low risk move, Heatley's contract only has 1 more year after this one (and he could always be bought out at the end of the season, right?), and it could really pay off.

If the Wild are out of the race come trade deadline time, or they aren't looking like a team that could potentially contend, what do you think Minnesota would want?
Anytime you spend 7.5 million per on a guy that should be better than what he is, its a high risk - certainly not low. Let him be bought out and then sign him for what he is worth - 4-4.5 million. This is a pass, even if its for one year. The cap goes down, not up.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote