View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
It's unfortunate how the entire thing played out with Hickey, especially with how Greene started the season with the Kings and went out very early on in the season. The Kings really had no choice but to waive Hickey at the time, or waive Muzzin.

Hickey's game is similar to that of Martinez, maybe a bit more assertive physically (which is why he was always hurt in the past), so I could see where the organization felt that it would be redundant to have a couple of defensemen on the roster who are average to below average in size. With Mitchell out, it kind of made sense to have Muzzin up.

Given the struggles of Drewiske and Muzzin's play of late, the Kings made the right decision in not waiving Muzzin. It's the damn waiver rules that cost the Kings to lose Hickey, but that's how the rules are. I'd probably rather have Hickey over Ellerby, but the trade with Florida came after the Kings lost three of their top six.

With Drewiske likely to be leaving as a UFA over the summer, I wouldn't mind seeing Ellerby stick as a 7th/8th dman. But I guess the Kings have to wait and see what happens with their blueline with Scuderi being an impending free agent and the return of Mitchell and Greene being uncertain.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote