View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 09:00 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
It is fun to read about this on the Leafs board. A few guys are clearly expecting a lot from rookie defensemen, but many Leafs fans seem reasonable enough to be willing to give him some time to develop.

I think at best Holzer can turn into a Dennis Seidenberg kind of player. At worst he should develop into a bottom pairing defenseman or maybe a 7th defenseman depending on the depth of the team he's on.

It is definitely good to see, that the Leafs have some confidence in him, getting this deal done early.
Yepp. He really should be on a lower pairing and if he was those negative posters would likely have a different opinion. I like his game though and he's shown improvement. I also don't think most people realize that guys from 'tier-2' hockey countries tend to take a bit longer to develop and reach their potential. I mean, Seidenberg and Sulzer didn't really become the defensemen they are today until they were 27ish and Ehrhoff didn't break out until around 25. Even look at how San Jose is letting Abeltshauser develop. Holzer is only 24 and still has a lot of development time. It's great to see Nonis not giving up on him.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote