Thread: Speculation: What must Edmonton do
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBettman View Post
The biggest issue is that Steve Tambellini is clearly incompetent. I wouldn't trust him with my fantasy team, let alone a professional hockey team.

As others have noted, they need to part with at least one of their young skilled forwards in order to pick up a stud D Man.

Who's the odd man out?

Not Eberle. He's got that "x" factor and is only getting better. The Oilers' MVP.
Not RNH. He may be having a bad year, but centermen with his skill set don't grow on trees..
Not Hall. He's their only Top 6 forward capable of creating space for his teammates.
Not Gagner. He's a perfect Number 2 Center who provides consistent secondary scoring.

Personally I would trade Yakopov. His value is very high, and quite frankly he doesn't fit the Oil's needs, both short term and long term.
I think Gagner isn't the perfect #2 center because of the make up of the rest of the Oilers top 6. He's just like the rest of the Oilers forwards but doesn't have as high of a ceiling.

...and you can't trade Yakupov. He's just too good. He easily has the potential to be the best goal scorer of all these young players. His one timer is just freakishly good.

That was a bullet and he didn't even wind up.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote