Thread: Speculation: What must Edmonton do
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I dont see how Tambellini is completely responsible for the failure of an entire organization. GMs maybe fall guys but it takes alot of different factors to blame one man for a team mess
That may be true, but we've seen coaching changes, "culture" changes, and a bevy of highly talented youngsters come in, only to see the same result. The only other constant to go with the poor results is Lowe and Tambo. This is a year where expectations were a little higher, and all I've seen our GM do to address the situation is bring in a #6 Dman and 4th line energy guy. But if we're going to play armchair GM, here's what I'd do:

1. Trade Hemsky. He's looked good for the most part, but to accommodate him we've been moving Yakupov to LW (not as much recently) when the poor kid is already questionable defensively, has a language barrier and is a rookie. Shouldn't it be Hemmer, the seasoned vet, making the move to LW? Come deadline I'd hope he can garner a 1st. My guess would be PIT or DET.

2. Acquire Kulemin from the Leafs. I think he'd be a great fit on the opposite side of Yakupov. A hard worker who bangs and has a good defensive game, he'd be a positive presence for Yakupov. He also would bring size to the top 6 (6'1 225). I think Kuli and Nuge paired together would be enough defensive acumen to mask some of Yakupov's deficiencies in that area. Now the only problem is would the Leafs deal him and what would they want?

3. Get bigger down the middle. I'm fine with Nuge and Gagner, but that means our 3rd and 4th line C's need to upgrade in size and physicality. Amnesty buyout Horc, trade Belanger at this years deadline. Belanger's replacement could be found in Jerred Smithson who does everything Belanger does but with more physicality and stands 6'3 209. As for 3rd line C, that's a little tougher, which may mean we're stuck with Horc one more year.

4. The D is an obvious need with no quick fix in sight. But I would try and offer sheet OEL, 5 year 36mil. Compensation would be two 1sts a 2nd and 3rd. Front loaded with 10mil in the first year, 8 being a signing bonus, there is a chance they can't afford t pay the bonus without an owner in place.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote