Thread: Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Bolt32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Going back to goaltending, are we saying that the starting job is Lindback's and we're talking about who is going to back him up? I'm more concerned over who will be the starting goalie next year. Lindback hasn't proven anything yet, Garon is a FA with a groin issue, Desjardins is a FA and unproven and Riku hasn't shown he's even a #1 at the AHL level.

What I'm getting at is if Lindback does not prove he's a #1 THIS year, we're in the same boat next year and I see that as a major concern. We have some good talent in the farm system, but they're probably still a couple years away. I'd rather have a temporary veteran starter and have Lindback being back up next year rather than crossing our fingers that someone is going to step up.

Maybe if the D is drastically improved, that may help, but I don't feel comfortable with Lindback right now as next year's #1. Reminds me a lot of "The Monster" Gustavsson.
The defense will eventually get fixed. I have no problem with Desjardins as a backup to be honest. I think hes paid his dues and should have a trial run to see if he can hack it. If he can great, let him have at it next year. ( I know I'm probably in the minority in that, and you might have some good points in believing in what you do, but whatever. How I feel.)

Last year one of the biggest holes on this team other than Defensive depth was a lack of a true number 1 Dman....Well Hedman has started to fill that role, the rest of it logically should become easier. Salo is still a capable Dman when Healthy and can fit in on the top pair just fine. We deseperately need to get that second pair fixed. Wouldn't mind Gudas, Barberio and Korobov being the 5th 6th and 7th Dmen. Let them learn as they go, don't rush them into situations. If they take the bull by the horns then great, if not just be patient. I don't think this is a one offseason fix. Probably going to take two to three years to finally right the ship.