View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
drizzydrew22*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
One of Pittsburgh weakest spots in my opinion other than their Forward depth is their lack of goaltending prospects.

Currently for Pittsburgh we have Marc-Andre Fleury and Tomas Vokoun. Vokoun is on a $2m contract with another year after this but If he plays as he is right now for the rest of the season I could see him being bought out. Behind him in the AHL team is Brad Thiessen and Jeff Zatkoff. Thiessen has had a few games already for Pittsburgh but didn't do well and struggled and I wouldn't be confident with him as a back-up. Zatkoff is doing well for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and could be given the gig in the future.

We drafted two goalies last year in Scott Murray and Sean Maguire and we also have rights to Patrick Killeen (ECHL goalie - won't make it). Scott Murray and Maguire are a few years away from even making it close.

So - who could we get?
i dont think many teams are losing sleep at night bc their worrying about goaltender prospects especially the penguins, WB/S have the best goaltender duo and defense in the league and after that i dont think it matters to much

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote