Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 12:59 AM
PaperworkNinja

vCash: 500
Finally got a goal that wasn't a tip-in off of my stick, pants, shoulder, skates or cage. The puck got shot into the corner of our opponent's zone on the goalie's right side. I was setting up in front of the net and no one could get to it in time, so I pull myself out from in front of the net and beat the defender to the puck. He trips me to try to get to the puck and I let him know I don't appreciate that too much. I get up and take the puck backhand to forehand to backhand. I twitch like I'm going to try a lazy saucer pass to go over the goalie's pad (because I always try that in hopes it'll work someday) and then take a quick snapshot to go five-hole on him.

I've been taking 40 to 50 shots a day with my basement shooting setup (a plastic chair mat for a shooting pad and a target on my brick basement wall made out of painter's tape) and I think that's what helped me make the shot.

You'd have thought the other team scored the way they were coming over to congratulate me. I put a legitimate shot past their goalie and they're coming over for glove-taps and "good shot" and the like.

Now there's a new expectation for me to be good at shooting...