View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:01 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RezChi View Post
I don't get where all this Hodgson hate comes from, there is no actual proof that Hodgson wanted a trade out. His dad may have been a nuisance but that doesn't that you have to go out hating on him. All we get are quotes from Gillis saying that he spent more time on Hodgson then anyone else, well he was the top rookie of January and was slowly getting better and better yet he still gets limited ice time.
Also, you don't trade centres for damn wingers even if they both have potential to be great.

Hodgson -2 in buffalo is bad? Well ****, look at Myers' -6 and Kassians -4

Sadly Kassian doesn't guarantee use anything.
the -2 isn't the problem. it is the 32 goals against in 24 games. Myers and the D do suck this year but Miller is good goalie.

Hodgson's line does very little to help to help in it's own end 5 on 5. Blame the D all you want, but Myers 5 on 5 GA/20 drops from 2.282 playing with Hodgson to just 0.761 without him. Reigher goes from 1.703 to just .507. The terrible Mike Weber with Hodgson 2.099 becomes the amazing Weber without Hodgson 0.307. Those numbers are true for almost every Dman on the team.

Pominville might be a problem on the line he's at 38 GA or something like that, but if that's the case it still comes back to Hodgson as his job as a #1C to be cover for his 1-way wingers.

To Cody's credit he's only be on for 3 PP goals for, so he could have had a lot more points given PP time with Vanek and Pominville. OTOH his production isn't good away from Vanek and Pominville.

5 on 5 Kassian's production was very good with the Sedins (GF/20 1.052, GA/20 0.421). Apart he's looked bad and that shows (0.367, 1.347).

The moral of the story here is hitch a ride on two stars.