Thread: Speculation: What must Edmonton do
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Markus078

vCash: 500
Other coach, that's hart to swallow, I'm Austrian and Ralph Krueger has done legendary work here with the VEU Feldkirch. But it seems that he is more suited to the European hockey.

Grit and heart. By looking at your team and the drafting you had it's a shame this team is still where it is - miles away! From my point of view this team has a born looser mentality. Most of your superskilled forwards are made for the grinding play. That's what wins! If your team is on PP you will be fine but as long as you are on ES or PK you will need those type of players who grind out everything of your opponent.

Defense, as a Ducks fan I hate to say but you have one of the best offensive D prospect in the league in Justin Schultz. But what's else? Smid is fine but I see the rest in the mold of softer additional players.

Goaltending, well I think that's the biggest issue, I'm not sold on one of your goalies.

Tons of holes in my opinion. I do also believe the Oilers have a window now. When all of your young skilled forwards get their second contract you will have problems finding the filling pieces CAP wise. You will loose at least one of RNH, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, Schultz to get the return you will need. Gagner will not be enough.

Just my two cents, nothing more!

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote