View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Wow...nice work, BBS. If you want to use my (still somewhat undefined) methodology, order the list based on an unweighted sum of the top-7 seasons. I should probably have some weighting methodology which emphasizes peak a bit more than that, but I haven't come up with one yet. I don't like going down to ten seasons because I think that causes distortions against players who didn't have full ten seasons peaks, and ten seasons is a long peak.

But of course, the VsX results and my own method of evaluating their meaning are two separate things. My guess (without having seen the full results of my own work) is that the VsX system will be kinder to pre-expansion players and more balanced when dealing with 70's - 80's players, but that some guys like Henri Richard will obviously still need a rather large asterisk due to a variety of factors (in Richard's case, limited powerplay opportunities). Would you mind posting a ranking of the top centers based on VsX similar to the one seventies posted?
Yeah I won't be able to plow through all sixty tonight, but I can get a few done as it's just copy and pasting and plugging formulas in really. I'll just copy exactly what he's done for now so we have an apples to apples comparison.