View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
There tends to be a TON of hype regarding players at this time, so maybe we can go through the realistic options so we aren't as disappointed come deadline day?

BUFFALO-Robyn Regehr plays a lot of shorthanded time, but Sabres probably could get a pick for him. Jochen Hecht and John Scott are UFA's, same for Adam Pardy.

SABRES-Drew Stafford, Ville Leino, Jordan Leopold, Alex Sulzer

Then there's the super unlikely candidates, the guys who will be in speculation but have a 1% or less chance of moving.

SABRES-Ryan Miller

I'd love feedback on how to improve the list, your thoughts on who's available, and if I can keep it updated, I'd love to. (I'm still building the list as this is posted)
On the sabres

Regehr---likely not going anywhere due to his NMC. The owner made a big effort to get him to be part of the team. He is likely resigned for a 2 yr deal.

Leino---he hasnt played yet this season. He has a big contract that nobody wants. His contract is a likely mulligan candidate this offseason or next offseason. My feeling they wait until summer 2014. The Sabres have a bunch of UFAs in the summer of 2014 to deal with.

Sulzer will go nowhere. The reason he has done well in Buffalo is because he is much more comfortable there because he has Ehrhoff on his team (a fellow german) plus Hecht. He will re-sign with Buffalo if Buffalo offers him a contract. they likely will because his price would be relatively cheap.

Leopold as a UFA, and depth in the system, is not coming back next year so I would be shocked if he isnt dealt for something.

Hecht, Scott, and Pardy arent going to get traded--nobody will want them. Pardy earlier cleared waivers to be sent down to Rochester. Scott is kept as a fighter for certain games.

Stafford is a likely trade deadline or draft day trade candidate. if he isnt dealt, then he also becomes a mulligan candidate.

If the sabres are out of the playoffs. Pominville looks like a likely player to be dealt. Why--he is owed $5+M next year and they need to open up some cap space to resign Hodgson (RFA--and their ownly significant resigning candidate other than Regehr) and go after a UFA. Next season Armia joins the club as a RW.

Miller, like Pominville is a UFA after next season which makes him an attractive candidate to deal for because you have them for 2 playoffs but basically paying only one season of salary.

Miller would only be dealt if it brings back an NHL level young goalie (Fasth, Bernier) or in a Pominville deal he brings back one of those goalies or Scneider.

Currently Buffalo doesnt have certain future NHL talent in the wings. they have a goalie in the WHL who looks very promising. the only trade him if the have someone to play goalie.

Miller's wife is an actress in california, so he will be more willing to go to a western team as a UFA.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote