View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
originally posted byMayor Bee
Quote:
And yet he would be on the second line in clearly elite Chicago, ahead of Marcus Kruger, Dave Bolland, and Andrew Shaw. Unless you're arguing that non-elite Montreal is better than elite Chicago on the basis of players up the middle.
Bolland has registered 37 points in 49 career playoff games. He's a proven playoff performer. While his regular season stats are similar to Brassard's, he' not on the first line power play like Brassard is.

Do you think Stan Bowman should be calling Jarmo K and offering Brassard for Bolland in a straight up deal? Evidently so. Why wouldn't Chicago want to "upgrade"?

Quote:
That's absolutely absurd. Barring the goalie return being someone like a 20-year-old Roberto Luongo (actual franchise upside and playing well in the NHL behind a poor team), moving Brassard and "a few" 2nd-round picks for someone like Ben Bishop goes right up there with the worst trade proposals that you'll find on that board.
I stated that I didn't know much about Bishop. However, a couple of seconds plus Brassard for a goalie with starting potential is hardly "absurd". 2nd rounders are crapshots, good goaltending is a necessity and Brassard is a middling "talent" at best.

Having Brassard as a top line center is what I would label absurd. Absolutely so.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 03-07-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote