View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Slimmy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Absolutely not. Considering how long the tournament lasts, the risk of players getting injured would be far greater no to mention player fatigue.

The fans are used to and prefer having the tournament in late April/early May. Many Finns plan vacation trips around it.

Also when it comes to Swedes not having an interest in the Worlds, every one knows the biggest fault last year was the ticket prices. They came to their senses and the prices are more affordable for this year's tournament.
Absolutely agree. I bought tickets to this years tourny and prices was my main concerne. I foolishly thought the Sweden games wouldn't be sold out yet but to my surpize the Chezch game only had a seat or two left. Bought tickets for the Suiz(?) game on friday and the Can - Den game on saturday instead.

As for the proposed EC, I think it could work. Put the tourney in a country who has yet to hold a big hockey tourney before and which is close to a lot of big hockey countries. Reasonable prices and affordable acomodations and you have yourselfes a succesfull EC.

Slimmy is offline   Reply With Quote