Thread: Speculation: Trade Targets
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 03:09 AM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
If Clowe goes anywhere, boston is the place for him. id take Jared Knight and a 3rd for him.

but id hate to be the poor guy who hits seguin. One of lucic clowe or chara is coming after yah.
I agree Boston would be the place for him, guys like him are loved by our fan base

I'd probably do that trade. there are some posters on our board who have inside connections that are obsessed with Knight and think he is going to be a very good NHL player. he plays a Bruins style of hockey and I would hate to see him go before he gets a healthy shot in the AHL, but to get Clowe I'd strongly consider that trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I don't like Knight at all. Spooner's who I want.
I don't blame you, but Clowe is a rental and is playing poorly right now. wouldn't trade Spooner for him at this point. I'd be hesitant to trade any of our big 3 offensive prospects (Spooner, Knight Khokhlachev) right now for Clowe. could live with trading Khokhlachev and even Knight for him just because i really like Clowe and think he is going to turn it around soon. plus he is exactly what we need on our third line.

if it was the offseason and Clowe was locked up for at least another year at his cap hit Clowe for Peverley straight up would make some sense. Bruins couldn't do that right now tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Because the reality is that they don't really need to rebuild. They're not so bad or old behind Marleau, Thornton, and Boyle that they need to blow it up.
i know people always talk about rebuilding on the fly, but the sharks could actually do it quite easily and remain competitive. keep Couture, Pavelski, Galiardi up front and Vlasic, Burns, (Demers and Braun possibly?) You're all set in goal.

then you can probably trade Marleau and Thornton for a young solid roster player and first or high end prospect each. Clowe could possibly get you a high end prospect or a 1st and mid level prospect from a contender. I'm sure Havlat would bring in some value, mid round pick for Handzus. Boyle would get you something valuable, and if you traded stuart(probably not cause he just signed there?) he could bring something.

so you'd tank the rest of the year and get a high draft pick, plus a couple young solid roster players and potentially a couple high-end prospects and mid level prospects. you guys could retool quickly. most teams wait to long to rebuild and then there star players who have value either leave or get to old to bring in anything that would really help the team going forward. if you guys did it now i could see you guys getting a lot of value back. also, not to nag, but you guys never should of traded McGinn.

Sorry, i have way too much time on my hands right now...