View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's your opinion. I'd trade a 1st for Brassard in a second. Would really not care for Booth. Booth will play better on a worst team, guy doesn't fit with the canucks. Take out the salary, and use it to re-sign Higgins. Raymond can walk at the end of the season. Brassard can learn under Kesler and Hank.

Teams going to find a 3rd line center eventually, if you are going to overpay. Overpay for the right player. Might as well find a guy that can step in the 2C since Kesler seems is injured, maybe even slot in the 2nd line as a play making winger for Kesler. I wanted Goc on the Canucks team since he was with the Sharks, but he, for the price, isn't worth acquiring at this point.

I've said it before, someone should pick up Brassard, i still believe there is potential and he's still young and there's room to grow. Develop him properly, and he's a potential core piece. His defense can get better, and every young player struggles at face offs.
I wouldn't Brassard doesn't bring much other than offense, and he hasn't even shown the ability to produce like a top 6 forward. He isn't great on faceoffs, isn't physical. Not a dynamo defensively, Not what a playoff team needs. Not what we need in a 3rd line center role, nevermind taking a top 6 winger away to fill that spot.

Booth brings speed, power and offensive ability. He hasn't been producing much but he has been unlucky, recently he has been one of our best players, and has been doing alot of great things.

He is someone we need, cause he can bring that physical punch to the game with his big hits. Really he is what we need going into the playoffs, I am a fan of Brassard but Booth's game is more suited for this team going into the playoffs.

Edit (replying to your edit): I believe there is upside there too, atleast to become a 50 point guy, but value with players like this doesn't go on upside, and I agree that maybe overpaying a bit for the right player and the perfect fit might make sense, but Brassard isn't the perfect player and perfect fit we need for that role. I would rather have Bozak, he fits what we need more.

And his contract isn't much better than Booth's only 700k better, that's not enough to sign Raymond or Higgins. So the contract in either case shouldn't matter.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 03-07-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote