Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Claim Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
I like the pick up quite a bit. I haven't seen him play this year, so if he has eroded badly then this costs no hockey assets outside of a mid season cap hit. I thought he was very good in the series last year, and was a rock solid top 4 defensemen during his time with Cal. and Mon.

But given the age, and that he's played only 4 games since the playoffs, his legs might not be there, but then again he might be fresh for a late season run for the cup at the end of his career.

The best thing that this does is give the no 6 defensemen (a need since Sauer's injury) that can give mins and play different roles. Hamr on the 2nd unit PK means Torts can come back with Richie, Gabby, Nash, and two of our thoroughbreds on the back-end the shift after; using the PK as a way of gaining momentum back.

Also Washington is being run by their coach who wants a high flying system. Under Hunter, playing a similar style to the Rangers, Hamr was pretty effective on WSH top pair last season, has a history with Slats, and has been a solid pro for 20 years.

Now Emmy, Gilly, and Bicks get to be the Black Aces. Torts does not want any player on the roster that he has to play sheltered mins. And not all guys can bring it every night.

BTW my gut feeling is that Stralman will benefit greatly with Hamr.

McD-G
Staalsy-DZ
Hamr-Stralsy

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote