View Single Post
03-07-2013, 08:25 AM
start winnin
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
I gotta tell you... I'm not a fan of seeing people cheering for this team to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fool (well, at least in this matter...or then again, maybe I am ). I know that losing could net us a VERY good player in Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, etc...

Having said that, how can you actively root for your team to lose? It hurts me inside to do that.

I'm of the mindset that wins are great and enjoyable, and losses aren't the end of the world due to the possible result of landing a great prospect. For me, it's gravy at this point.

And yes, I realize all fans are different. And no, I don't question your fanhood if you want the team to lose. I just don't comprehend how anyone could actually cheer for their team to lose. *shrug*
Watching this team before Rolston came around hurt me inside.

This is the same thing people that root for losing do, at least what I do anyway. I'd prefer getting Jones/Mackinnon/Drouin over getting the 9th seed(which is what is more likely to happen than making the playoffs). This team needs more talent, It's the perfect year to tank and getting a guy like Mackinnon would go a long way for this franchise.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote