View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Oracle View Post
I really don't understand your logic here. Of course the rules and suspension aren't completely stopping dirty and dangerous plays, but they are limiting them. The rules can definitely be improved, but without them we'd have anarchy on the ice.

This is just complete nonsense. There are always going to be some people who break the rules, but a well-designed rulebook and consistent and appropriate suspensions can limit dirty plays in the NHL.

Players aren't forced to fight anyone. Kronwall doesn't have to answer for his (allegedly) dirty hits by fighting, but he might have to change his game if he gets called for too many penalties and/or suspended.
I'm not suggesting we throw away the rule book and have the survival of the strongest run the game, but I think the fear of getting your ass handed to you is as much an incentive if not more to not make dangerous plays as a suspension or a fine.

As for Kronwall, he might also have to change his game if he gets his ass kicked every time he does an (allegedly) dirty hit.

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote