View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
zaYG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I don't want to trade a high touted D prospect for a goalie prospect. Don't think that is wise from my vantage point. Goalie prospects are a crap shoot to me.

Maatta certainly hasn't regressed. He dropped in the draft last year due to injury. If not for the injury he sustained, he would have certainly been a top 10 pick.

Pouliot, if he is available, he goes in a package for a long term solution for a top six forward - winger.
Fair enough. I think you need to watch Svedberg though, I've seen him in person a couple of times. I do normally think that goalies are a crap shoot but the guy has elite physical ability and is one of the most agile goalies I have ever watched. He has stood on his head to carry Providence to being a top team in the AHL. The only thing he really lacks is rebound control, but he also has an awful d-corp in front of him that doesn't really make him look good in that regard. I think the kid could definitely cut it in the NHL as a backup. I do however think that this is more likely to be an offseason trade (I'm sure Chia wants all the youth down in Providence to go for the Calder, and we don't know where Khudobin will end up) and yeah, I figure he would be more likely to fetch a Maata than a Pouliot.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote