View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Alan Jackson

vCash: 500
You can make an argument for the trade as a hockey trade. I love Kassian's potential.

My biggest problem with this trade was the timing of it. Teams that fancy themselves contenders don't generally trade 20 goal scorers for prospects at the trade deadline.

The fact that Hodgson wasn't given more minutes here last season was and always will be asinine. I saw this exact scenario playing out 4 years ago, and said so on these boards. For whatever reason, Vigneault never had much time for this player, and if Hodgson had concerns about his role here, it's only because he could see the writing on the wall.

I think Kassian is going to be a good player here, and I think he's going to be a fan favourite. In fact, I think he's already capable of playing a bigger role than he's been given.

I've said this before, in a perfect world, I would love to have both players.

As far as people shouting that they're "tired of talking about Hodgson", well, that seems to come from an absolute refusal by some to admit that the Canucks/Gillis/Vigneault are capable of making a mistake. These are the same people that want to defend trading the equivalent of two 1st round picks for a $4 million defenseman that can't stay in the lineup. There is no scenario in which that trade can be analyzed without suggesting either Gillis or AV have screwed up, but some refuse to acknowledge this.

Last edited by Alan Jackson: 03-07-2013 at 09:51 AM.