View Single Post
03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Dream '16
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post

I think good teams will be after him if Regier is willing to sell low on him. I think the Pens would only be too happy to move something like Kennedy + 2nd for Stafford. He usually has pretty good advanced statistics, so I think some of the sharper GMs will try to buy low.

That said, I think Regier is going to want a price commensurate with a player who has scored 52 goals in the previous two seasons and is having some poor shooting luck this year. Other GMs are going to want to buy at a price commensurate with a player who has two goals in 24 games and is owed over $9m for the next 2 1/4 seasons. We'll see whose reality wins the negotiation, or if any deal is negotiated at all.

I think Pittsburgh makes a bunch of sense. I could also see the Islanders making a run at him to ensure they stay above the cap floor when they move guys like Visnovsky and Streit at the deadline. I'd like to see Stafford on Tavares' wing, as well. I'd like to see if Buffalo could put together a package to pry Nino out of Long Island.
Count me in on that idea