View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
This is what I tell everyone. Have you EVER seen Antropov make a really stupid move with the puck? Or be out of place defensively? "No...." they mumble. But he's not the first man on the forecheck, so he's useless.

I guess that's what you get when talking to people who believe "hard work" (don't be fooled, what people think hard work is and what it actually is are different) is the only virtue required of a player.
Exactly. Completely. Skating real fast looks good, and that's how too much of hockey is judged. Like I have said before, skating is by far the most overrated attribute.

Being first on the backcheck = good defensively. Being first on the forecheck = hardest worker. etc etc. Doesn't work like that. But it's real easy and convenient to simply it like that, for some.

BTW, I am not completely advocating to re-sign Antropov. Not sure if he is going to be a complete fit here going forward, not sure how Winnipeg wants to proceed. But the claims that Antropov is worthless are false. Contending teams are going to be looking at him in the off-season.