View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoksonhoth View Post
I hope not, I need to get one last skate on the pond over spring break.

What kind of wedge did you get though? I'm itching for a little golf as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Ohhh, golf! I'm really feeling the itch today, clear blue sky and a lot of the snow has melted. I don't know about a 60" wedge though, I think the highest I've enjoyed ever playing with is 56". It feels so hard to control the ball when lobbing it, prefer chip and roll much more.

Been thinking of upgrading my driver this season, from the good old Ping G5 into the new Ping one. But I guess that's just materialistic of me, since the driver still worked well for me last season. Should improve the player, not the equipment...
Snake Eyes 3500

I have the matching 52* and actually the hybrid-iron set and really like them. I had a bunch of different clubs last year but was just overwhelmed by choices and options so I got the basic ones on clearance for $99. Since I'm not that great, I got a Sunday bag and usually play with the 3 and 5 hybrids and 7 and 9 irons along with the 52*. So the 60* will fit right in.

I haven't liked 56* wedges because they have so much bounce. I keep wanting to close the face to hit it off tighter lies. So I had been using a 52* and I'm pretty good with the chip and roll but I play on public courses with tiny greens and needed more loft to get the ball to stop. I saw the 60* yesterday on clearance and hit some balls off the (really forgiving) indoor mats, got them to go about 10-15 feet, one hop, and stop.

I actually read about a guy who uses two 56* wedges, one with high bounce for rough and sand, one with low bounce for tight lies. That sounds cool. I could probably do a 54-10 and 56-06 or 58-04. Someday when I'm rich and awesome at golf.

The rest of my bag is a Taylormade R580 10.5* driver and a Yes! Tracy 2 putter. I want to get a 15* 3 wood as well as, again, I can't hit the driver very straight yet. I bought all my clubs on clearance or used so I've only got about $225 in my whole set including the bag.

I'm a pretty good putter but my swing has a wicked slice that I'm going to work on. I picked up the Stack and Tilt books and DVD a couple weeks ago and if I can get those tee shots in the fairway I'll bring the handicap down quite a bit. Scrambling for bogey sucks but if I can get it near the green I'm not bad at getting up and down. So hopefully the 60* puts me closer to the pin as I'm pretty automatic within about 6'.