View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
That might be because he isn't on Hossa/Kovalchuk's level. I think its mostly because the draft is considered strong this year, and with the cap going down next year teams are going to take it a little slower. I think he would fetch a late 1st/early 2nd and a mid level prospect. If i didn't despise him so much i would go the NYI 2nd + Friberg for him.
If you're in the market for a rental, isn't the most important aspect how a particular player is doing that year? I honestly don't know, but were Hossa/Kovalchuk in the top 10 in scoring when they were dealt? I'd also assign a little more value to a center over a winger.

I'm also not sure how the cap going down next year has any real bearing on the situation. Ribeiro won't be on the books next year unless the buying team re-signs him and it is unlikely that a late first rounder will see NHL action next year, and even if they do, it won't be at a big cap hit.

I don't know. Perhaps a lot of people haven't seen him play this season. If a team sees this year as a good opportunity to win (or a GM has a fire under his rear end), I see Ribeiro returning a 1st + something small without any trouble.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote