View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 10:59 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lablite47 View Post
I hope the scouts have spent the last 7 months and the next 3 months scounting the hell out of the top 20 elligible players in the world and ranked them all by 1st - individual skill level, 2nd - In-game work ethic and focus, 3rd - Desire to win and hate to lose attitude, 4th - Personal commitment (almost obsessive) towards physical conditioning and 5th - Well adjusted mature (as mature as one can be at 18) individual with positive personal traits and respectful moral values and pick the highest rated prospect in their mind using this or criteria very close to this! If there is a player out there the likes of Toews, Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares or Giroux (coiincidence that they are all Canadians? Hmmm??) we should be able to draft him!
Malkin, P.Kane, Kopitar, and Thomas would all like to have a word with you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
IMO part of the problem started with the organization in Atlanta rushing picks before they were ready and Burmi was the worst example of this. Burmi gets compared to some of the top players because he started as an 18 year old. On a team that properly developed their players at best he is a rookie this year, maybe not even on the team yet, and everyone would then be talking about his potential, but instead he is a 3 year veteran who is under achieving.
I mentioned this somewhere else, but how much further would his development actually be? His offensive game might be a little further along, but his defensive game might not be much further. He's 21. I don't know if I'd call this year underachieving.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote