View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
If you're in the market for a rental, isn't the most important aspect how a particular player is doing that year? I honestly don't know, but were Hossa/Kovalchuk in the top 10 in scoring when they were dealt? I'd also assign a little more value to a center over a winger.

I'm also not sure how the cap going down next year has any real bearing on the situation. Ribeiro won't be on the books next year unless the buying team re-signs him and it is unlikely that a late first rounder will see NHL action next year, and even if they do, it won't be at a big cap hit.

I don't know. Perhaps a lot of people haven't seen him play this season. If a team sees this year as a good opportunity to win (or a GM has a fire under his rear end), I see Ribeiro returning a 1st + something small without any trouble.
The price for a high end rental also includes negotiation rights. Because if your trading for someone like that your sure as hell going to try and resign them. So how they are playing now isn't everything.

Also the cap going down does affect the market. Cost controlled assets (draft picks and prospects) are going to be at an even higher value. So it will reduce whatever you expect to receive.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote