View Single Post
Old
07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast habsfan View Post
I was reading the Gomez arbitration thread on the trades/free agents forum and a rookie user posted a comment about the Habs being interested in Gomez. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but his link was to this guy: http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/

Elephant man (the blogger) had other things to report today about Habs trade rumours including this doozy: "I am hearing that the Habs have offered Souray, Ryder, a prospect and a 1st rd pick to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and Kyle McLaren."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it under the title: Montreal is in deep discussion.

I laughed out loud when I read it, and then began dreaming in technicolour, man o' man would Marleau look fabulous in a Habs uniform!!!! (Quick, someone pinch me I really, really want to believe this rumour).

San Jose has absolutely no reason to do this trade, they have Marleau signed to a very reasonable contract (4 yrs/16 mill I believe - is that a steal or what?) and he's a star player.

His other comment about the Caps maybe being interested in Bonk 'cause they need to take on salary to get up to the minimum for the salary cap (28 million) is a more reasonable rumour, but someone how I doubt it. Especially after comments made today by Gainey that he's done, and he's hoping for a better year from Bonk now that he's healthy (Canadian Press article by Bill Beacon).
there has been like 3 thread last week about that rumour from that blog and it have been closed 3 times, you should deleted it right now

Habs Prospects website