View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim erixon View Post
hi guy i come in peace, first im happy to hear that marc staal eye will be saved. i was worried it was gonna be a manny malhotra situation. though missing him for any period of time is a major loss for blueline. just wondering what you guys think of the trade between nash and anisiminov dubinsky, 1st round pick and tim erixon. im really excited with what tim erixon is bringing these days. he looks like a legit first pairing minute muncher dman. he plays powerplay kills penalty and plays against top guys. hes only 21 and still growing. did you guys know he was gonna be like this? whats your take? love to hear what you guys have to say. im happy nash is starting to turn around for you guys also.
Good to hear that Erixon is showing promise... He looked excellent in the Traverse City Tournament among players closer to his age group.... With the Rangers he looked a little timid and uncertain of his ability to play at this level but that was not to be unexpected from an inexperienced rookie.... I hope he develops well for you guys and that he enjoys playing for your organization...

I think the reason the Rangers were willing to move him was because of our glut of quality defensemen already contributing at the NHL level, 3 of which are lefties and prefer to play on the left-side... Also our main defenseman prospect is a righty (McIlrath). Realistically there wasn't going to be much room for our current defensive core plus adding prospects like McIlrath & Erixon to the mix.... Even though we gave up two 2nd rounders to acquire him, Erixon was a fresh-face and not a prospect that the Rangers invested much time in developing.... In the end it was a good trade-off to acquire Nash in the process...