Thread: Speculation: What must Edmonton do
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
DK28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
They need to quit building the team like its a fantasy team you run on yahoo.

The team needs some balance and which means they need to prevent goals as effectively as they can produce them
Funny, I have thought, and in fact have said these very same words, myself. I agree with it.

At some point you have to look at the core group. Yes patience is needed with a young team, but great teams have balance between offensive skill/dynamic prowess and physical grit/toughness. This team lacks the latter in a big way. RNH, Eberle, Gagner, Hemsky, Hall, Pajaarvi will never offer that no matter how much they mature. Just not their game. Put them along side tough power forward types and look out.

I am not against smaller players or believe size cures all. Brad Marchand from the bruins, for example, would be a great substitute for trade. He is small left wing, but plays big and with grit. Goes to the tough areas and takes a beating and keeps on ticking, honey badger style. That is the difference.

The oilers are simply built wrong, too many of the same type of players, playing the same positions.

Last edited by DK28: 03-07-2013 at 12:49 PM.
DK28 is offline   Reply With Quote