View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
He's only 22 and trying to become an NHL center, probably the hardest role for young players apart from playing on the back end. And we want to trade him if he doesn't become an NHL regular this season? That's absurd IMO
No one is listening to me. I'm not saying move him because he's not hacking it, I'm saying have him available in order to make this team better because we have Rakell to take his place on the depth chart.

Oleg Tverdosky was a great prospect but no one batted an eye when we used him to get Teemu. At the time of the Beauch trade we had Gardiner and Schultz and that made one of them expendable. It can be just as useful to have young players used as trade bait as it is to have actually have a positive impact on the roster. I haven't given up on Holland yet but he's gotta show me more. If Getzy doesn't re-sign than that changes things. But if a deal comes up to get a great player and the asking price includes Peter Holland I'm all for it. If not than let him work his way out of it. But his play and Rakell's potential make him expendable.