View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Lukus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Senators aren't looking for rentals, and they likely aren't interested in re-signing Ribeiro either. I think you can count them out of this one.
I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Count Ottawa out on Ribeiro.

No disrespect to the player, but Bryan Murray has made it abundantly clear that if we're spending valuable assets on adding a guy, he needs to be in our 3+ year plan. Ottawa won't be in on any rentals this year.
You need guys with experience. If we lose Alfie and Gonchar next season, we'll only have Spezza and Philips. I think if we can get him for a reasonable price, go for it. He won't hurt the team and can only make them more competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartachris View Post
Like to have him Ottawa, but not as a rental.
I too would prefer if he came here for a couple of years until our young guns got some experience under their belts. That said, I wouldn't be against the idea of having him as a rental either. Depending on the scenario at the trading deadline, no matter what game plan BM may have spoken about in the past, I'm sure if it comes down to battling for the last playoff spot, Melnyk would "encourage" BM to bolster our chances by acquiring a rental player like Ribeiro. Sometimes, the opportunity of making money trumps your game plan.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote