Thread: Speculation: Trade Targets
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post
some nights he's pretty much the only one providing the scoring. I just find it funny that people here are so hellbent on trading away the one person thats been contributing the most offensively, on a team thats been struggling for offense no less. Yet over the years theyve been hellbent on keeping mediocre players (lol, Ehrhoff) that arent worth a damn, and complained on several occasions when DW has shipped them off or they leave via free agency without an offer. Its like people here WANT the Sharks to suck.
People complained that Ehrhoff was traded for garbage, and he was, and it was stupid. People said Ehrhoff was better than Vlasic, and at the time he was, but obviously he regressed and Vlasic has improved. Does not make either argument more or less valid at the time it was made. You can't use hindsight and pretend like all your predictions were 100% right, I assure you they were not. Obviously other gm's agreed since Ehrhoff got a huge payday and Vlasic, even on a brand new contract, is paid substantially less.

I find it funny that some people around here use hindsight to cast judgments on the value of other people's opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
You seem to be ignoring the fact that the majority of Marleau's transition goals in 08-10 were from a great stretch pass or rush from Thornton. They stopped doing that in 10-11 and especially last season, which makes me think it has more to do with coaching than playstyles.
Not ignoring it. Again. i've said from the start, get a new coach, see where things are at, then make your decisions. The only catch right now is the trade deadline and expiring contracts don't really give us enough time to make those decisions optimally. That's DW's fault.

My arguments for trading Thornton are ONLY in the event of a rebuild. I'm just saying IF you rebuild you trade Thornton, that's it. Keeping him through a rebuild would essentially sabotage the rebuild in my opinion.