View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
I have no problem with McGrattan as he does bring something this team lacks - grit, and the enthusiasm for using it.

However, my real hope here is that the play of McGrattan not only lets the Flames' skill guys like Tanguay, Cervenka, Hudler, Cammalleri, Baertschi, etc play their game, but also inspires the play of our previously grittier players AKA Jackman, Comeau, Giordano, and most importantly, Glencross.

If McGrattan can't do the latter, well that's a shame IMO. Calgary need a little more consistent toughness along the boards and the forecheck. Having an enforcer is one thing but introducing a stronger, more physical team culture should be the real reason in having him here. Having some grit on 3/4 lines can really change up a game, instead of 2 or 3 skill lines skating around getting hit before Hartley sends out McGrattan for 'atonement'.
I agree with you in hoping that he can "spur" our other gritty players, but are you saying its his fault if he cant? In the end its up to those players to play with heart and tenacity.

If thats not what you mean't I apologize.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote