View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:22 PM
drizzydrew22*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
This is an interesting idea I think... Everyone talks about Iggy going to the Penguins (rightfully so, I would love to see this happen), but I think Heatley would be a pretty good fit too. This is a guy that is only a few years removed from being one of the NHL's best snipers (50, 41, 39 and 39 goals from 2005-2006 to 2009-2010) and he isn't terrible now, 50 goals combined in his past two seasons, on pace for 31 goals this season.

It's a low risk move, Heatley's contract only has 1 more year after this one (and he could always be bought out at the end of the season, right?), and it could really pay off.

If the Wild are out of the race come trade deadline time, or they aren't looking like a team that could potentially contend, what do you think Minnesota would want?
I dont see how this would work out for the pens... they dont need another huge contract for this year and the next and giving up prospects and picks to get him would just be stupid, hes another left handed shot (something the pens dont need) and isnt a good locker room figure... No thanks

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote