View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
It really ticks me off how we can't seem to contain key players. Vanek, Staal, Tavares. We used to be able to shut down Crosby with PK and Gorges and last game he was just skating with no coverage whatsoever.

Let's not become delusional with the 1st place. There are big holes on the team still and the penalty kill and faceoffs are the most glaring weaknesses.

If you look at the calendar, this game is very important. We can't hope to repeat the past trip to Florida and four straight losses would send us tumbling down to the middle of the pack.
This is exactly how I feel. There are a bunch of things to fix and despite the improved and surprising play of our offensive presence and some key goaltending (yeah, that's right, I said it!), if we can't win FOs, if we cannot cover the best frigging players on the ice, not because they get open, but because we literally give them a free pass to the slot -- we are not going to be winning much more.

It amazes me how well we played as a unit and with TEAM defense at the start and now it's just disappeared. Are we making a tradeoff in offense for defense (the reverse rather) and the more tiring the sched gets, the harder it is to backcheck or defend smartly?

Gorges needs to get back to his normal. (As does Price, I'll admit that.) The fwds need a swift kick in the ass for leaving their players. We're not even getting out muscled - just out-smarted.

Bolded part is so important. We can only afford that kind of slid rigggght at the end, although I rather it didn't happen. Keeping on winning also prevents future losses. I can totally see us going on a 6-0 run if we play like we did near the start. Might need some puck luck, but hopefully MT has got this team on the right path.

I guess we won't know until episode 6 (Return of the Jedi...Price?)

was referring to the 24CH Hebdo