Old
03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
What would it take to get Regehr to TOR. I understand that there was some so called "bad blood" between Phaneuf and Regehr but they are professionals one would think they could put it behind them. Be better than Holzer on our first pairing (Assuming Regehr can play the right side.)
I just highly doubt Regehr is moved period, let alone to a division rival. We'd like to re-sign him. He has a NMC and most likely won't waive it and wants to stay in Buffalo. Might take a hometown discount to re-sign I imagine. He doesn't want to move his family and they like living here.

As for Phaneuf and Regehr, they were teammates and partners for that matter for quite a while. Regehr has always played the left side. Phaneuf played the right with him and can play both. Apparently things went very sour in the locker room in Calgary and the two don't like each other anymore.

That said, I still doubt Regehr waives his NMC. The only team I see him playing for next year is the Sabres unless he's offered to be traded to a contender and wants that chance, although he seems like a "go down with my ship" kind of guy. He didn't want to leave a struggling Flames team and it took a lot to pry him out of there. Doubt he'd do that again. It's all up to Reggie. He has total control. Regier won't ask him to waive it. He'll only go if he wants to.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote