View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Tio answer your question yes it does. Well his cap hit does, not actual salary paid. Salary paid is rarely equal to cap hit. The associated cap hit of a player is his average salary over the length of his cotract not the actual salary he gets paid.

Some other problems with your understanding. The 1.5MM you quote as his salary is including bonuses which he wouldn;t have received. His actual salary is $950K. Also in the new CBA those bonuses aren't included in the cap hit.

Also I'm not 100% certain on this point, but I'm pretty sure salary paid is based on days on the roster not games. So if the season is 200 days in length for example, and he was on the roster for 20 days, 1/10 of his cap hit would go to the Jets and he would get paid 1/10 of his salary.

Players share of HRR is based on actual salary paid. Cap hit is not. A players cap hit could be much higher or lower than his actual salary. Also certain players dumped in the minors would have a cap hit associated with their contract but their salary would not count against the players share.
For juniors eligibles ....I belive they are paid their per game rate if they play the game or sit in the pressbox (or if they were injured). But the game checks paid do not count against junior eligible status. Its only the games dressed to play count against the 9 games max per 82 game season.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote