View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat as far as being, "meh" towards Yeo finishing the season.

I don't know much about Ruff, so I don't know if it would be a loss to not get him.

The team has made some strides towards improving, but they are still very up and down.

I wish I had a better understanding of what to look for as far as how to judge a rookie coach, which Yeo basically is.

The constant thing I've noticed, is that he does not adapt well, and he seems lost on when to intervene in game situations at times. It would be cool to know more on how Fletch would go about judging the situation.

Do you treat him like you would a rookie player? Like Granlund maybe? Granlund has shown improvement. Is Yeo showing this same improvement in his own way?

Or do you have to treat coaches differently? If they're not cutting it, they get cut.

If anyone has any insight, I would be curious to learn more.
You treat coaches differently if the team is expected to have that same curve. Yeo young coach, young players expected you know them.

You go and get Parise and Suter and that mentality changes. Veteran superstar players and you switch to a smaller learning curve.

Two years ago, Healtey, Parrish, Barker, PMB, Cullen, Backstrom were all coming off. So last year and this year were the years to grow. Maybe even next year. Then make the move. We got a gift and took it. Now the plan changed and the expectations on Yeo changed. He has not delivered.