View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Anyway I'm done arguing this with you. It's going no where.
and i'm done discussing [not arguing] with you over it. especially when what is a 'high % shot' vs Varly, turns into a 'Bryz gem' when he's in the net.

and 1 last thing about expectations:
Ryan Howard made $355,000 in 2006 & hit 58 HR .... are you telling me that a $355,000 1st baseman has the expectations on him to hit 58 hr ?

the next year, he made $900,000 - almost 3 times as much. so, he's expected to hit 150 HR ?

bottom line: underpaying / overpaying an athlete doesn't change the physical aspect of the sport ..... and everyone inventing their own set of "expectations" independent of the team's GM, the ONLY set of expectations that matter, which we will NEVER know in detail, only clouds every discussion & gives critics the easy way to criticize "for THAT amount of money, i think player X should never allow that goal"

maybe Homer thinks that Callahan goal against was a high % shot, just like you did [vs Varly] and is OK with it. you will never know.

and that's exactly why i steer clear of the un-winnable "according to my own set of salary expectations" debate