View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
zarley zelepukin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's not going to make or break our season, but like you said it was a big game against a division rival and Bryz didn't show up. When you're making the type of money he does people expect more out of you. He's been playing mediocre at best for the last 2 weeks. People deserve to criticize him right now.
While Bryz was pretty awesome for the first half of the season so far, and he hasn't been at the same level recently, "mediocre" is not the word I would use to describe his play. I feel like people are seeing the situation as too black and white- there's either great or mediocre, with no in between (though there are also worse things that could be said). He's had a couple rough games to be sure, but he hasn't been the reason we win or lose for the most part. Take into account this team's defense, and the fact that Bryz flat out said he was tired from playing so much, and I don't think this level of criticism is deserved.

Do I believe he could be better, and should be better given his salary? Speaking about only the last couple weeks (since Feb 11 let's say), yes. But you still have to look at the entire season, and at the team around him, and at the amount of games he's played.