View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I would want the Avs to wait until summer to find a replacement. Quinn/Army can end the year if Sacco goes early, but that would really open the door for one of them to take over. Wait until summer and see who goes. If teams like Philly, NYR, and Phoenix collapse or Tampa decides to make a change, its possible some good coaches end up available.
Yeah I'm really torn on this. I like Ruff and think he'd do well with our team. I think bringing him in now (or soon) would really help this group. Reading around the boards it sounds like Tortorella, Laviolette, Bylsma, and Boucher are all on the hot seat. Tippett's contract is also up this summer, and with the uncertainty of the Coyotes it's possible he isn't retained. There could be a number of good coaches available this summer, or there could be none (outside of the guys already available).

But this assumes we'd even consider these guys and not just stay the course with Quinn/Army/Chenowyth, and I'm not convinced this won't happen. If Sacco goes and someone gets promoted, I don't think they'll carry an interim tag.