View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Ahh. I remember seeing something in the news like he gave it up or something.

ACTUALLLLLLY .....

Maybe the team was just like "Welp, he's our captain anyway"
Actually.

But anyway, Hank don't need a letter to be a leader. And Callahan already has a C and 3 A's on the back of his jersey, we good

Edit: Kreiderman good points. I never exactly disagreed, but maybe I'm more biased cause he han't been here long
The reason he wore the C on his mask was because goalies are not allowed to be captains. If he was their captain, the C would have been on his jersey.

Quote:
In order to account for the league rule, Luongo did not perform any of the on-ice duties reserved for captains and did not wear the captain's "C" on his jersey. Instead he incorporated it into the artwork on the front of one of his masks which he occasionally wore for the early months of the 2008–09 season.[78] Canucks defenceman Willie Mitchell was designated to handle communications with on-ice officials, while defenceman Mattias Öhlund was responsible for ceremonial faceoffs and other such formalities associated with captaincy.[5] Centre Ryan Kesler was chosen along with Mitchell and Öhlund as the third alternate captain.[5]