View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
You don't just trade 1 for 1, you trade 1 for pieces. The Avs dump a bit of salary, get a solid player in return, and a very good prospect.

Are you saying that if St. Louis overpaid with a Berglund + Rattie + 1st you wouldn't take it?
Yes I'd take that but it's not realistic, if you mentioned that on the trade board. They would have a **** fit...

Using an extremely unrealistic scenario (value or otherwise) doesn't exactly help your argument.

I was arguing based off of the idea that Colorado should take something like Schwartz + 1st (That's a pretty damn late 1st..) for Stastny. I don't think management is going to be after pieces that won't bare fruit for 2-3 years, especially in giving away a top 6 center of Stastny's caliber. I'm also not saying Schwartz + 1st is off-base value wise either, it just does not fill either one of our major needs NOW or next year.

We are not in year two of our rebuild... We are in year four. So there are better options than taking a package of futures from a future division rival.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-07-2013 at 04:36 PM.