View Single Post
Old
03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Of course it isn't realistic, notice I said if St. Louis overpaid. A realistic deal is something like a Berglund + Rattie for Stastny. Maybe some picks are swapped around like Colorado adds a 2nd and St Louis adds a 1st (so basically the Avs move up 10-12 spots), but that isn't needed IMO. A pick will not be a center piece of a deal around Stastny.

That would be a trade that would give a #3 center right away, and a top 6 potential RW that could be ready for NHL duty in 14-15. Plus free up around an extra $3m to go shopping for a defensemen. I'd think that the Avs would be very interested in that deal. It probably isn't the best deal around, but one that fits what the Blues need and what the Avs need.
Interesting idea... I would have to say that if the 2nd for 1st swap was in there, then you have to pull the trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I like Berglund quite a bit (I can be a bit of a size queen). Duchene, O'Reilly, Berglund down the middle would be 'hard to play against' lol.

So...

Stastny + 2nd (35-40th)

for

Berglund + Rattie + 1st (17-25th)

Still seems like a serious stretch, but fair enough....

I don't really believe we need an extra 3M for a defender though. No one out there is going to be worth more than 4.5M IMO (Streit).